How to Analyze Kaalsarp Yoga ?
Contrary to popular belief the effects of this Yoga are not always malefic. Just having one of the 12 combinations described above does not mean that the native will invariably go through the results described above. The whole chart needs to be analyzed in order to come to a conclusion. In my experience following factors should be considered.
- One must check the overall strength of the chart by looking at Lagna, Lagna lord, Moon and Sun. If the overall chart is strong this will not let the kaalsarpa yoga have any major negative influence. A weak chart on the other hand will not be able to protect the native.
- Depending on the Rahu/Ketu position, determine which side of the axis has all planets. All the houses of the side which is totally empty will feel the effects of this yoga. The houses in which Rahu/Ketu fall will particularly determine the area of life which will be impacted negatively.
- However if the lord of the houses falling on the empty side of the Rahu/Ketu are very well placed (Exalted, in Friend’s house, in own house, aspecting their own house). Then those houses will not suffer that much and negative effect will be reduced to the factors attributed to those houses.
- Vasuki, Padam, Mahapadam, Shankachood and Vishdhar Kaalsarpa generally do not give bad results if the overall chart is in a really bad shape. This is because of their association with 3rd, 6th and 11th house in which Rahu/Ketu are considered favorable.
- If in D-9 chart Rahu/Ketu fall in 3rd, 6th or 11th house, then the effects are reduced.
- One must check the constellations of Rahu/Ketu as well. If they fall in benefic constellations (if the lords are natural benefic planets) then they become more unfavorable.
- Its impact will be more prominent during dasha and antardasha periods of Rahu and Ketu. This is very important point. If this yoga is very strong in one’s chart, but the dasha does not operate till very late in his life, then it really does not affect the native that much.
- It causes severe hardships when related with Sun and Saturn or the lords of the houses occupied by Sun or Saturn.